Re: EdLine, anyone?

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 19:17:02 PST

In a message dated 11/21/2004 8:48:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wellj44@netscape.net writes:

> Do you think someone who individualizes student courses of study AND point
> values and deadlines will have to straightjacket the curriculum to fit
> Edline? Feel free to reply to my e-address if you prefer. Thanks again. J.

Sorry I didn't answer this with my last email.
If anyone is flexible, it is me. I grade by point values. We use GradeQuick
to do our grading and I can weight the grades any way I like. If I use a point
system, GradeQuick will convert it to a percent for the school. My portfolio
class is graded entirely differently as these students are in independent study
and they need to complete work each quarter, but every one is working on
something different. Gradequick can do this.

Where Edline comes in, is that we EXPORT our grades from GradeQuick to
Edline. I don't believe Edline has a grading program of its own. It is a site that
is accessed by password. I have a page for every class I teach under my name
and i am in control of everything on it. I am the only one who can edit my
pages. Parents, by password, can access my web pages.

Hope this helps.
Marsha

---