RE: plastercraft hands

---------

From: Jean King (jdking_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 06:56:26 PST

Good morning!

We did faces one year and hands the next, using the plaster impregnated
gauze.

The temperature of the water is not a factor in the set up time, as far
as I know. When plaster and water meet it is just a chemical reaction,
temperature not withstanding. It is simply a matter of comfort. I
don't know about you, but I prefer a nice warm moist feeling to the
shock of the bracingly cold.

I used Nivea lotion instead of Vaseline as the release. Vaseline is
difficult to get off and greasy if it gets on anything (or one) else.
Nivea works and it doesn't make so much mess. I bought it at the
drugstore. It came in a large royal blue plastic bottle located with
all the other hand and body lotions. I bought a several large bottles
and found that I really only needed about one and a half.

Hope this helps.
Jean King