plastercraft hands

---------

From: dn (dnes_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 05:34:45 PST

Hi,

I am thinking about using Plastercraft to make molds of my 8th grade
student's hands, and I have a few questions about timing and process.

We meet for 45 minute periods; if we use hot or warm water will this allow
enough time for the plaster to set?

Also, should students use some sort of a release before applying the
plaster. I imagine that their skin may dry out a lot from the contact with
plaster, but has anyone run into students having more severe skin reactions
to the materials?

Thanks,

Deborah

---