Re: paint mixing with acrylics

---------

From: LarrySeiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 03:50:58 PST

> I myself have not been quite so structured, and perhaps should be a bit
> more.
> Larry Seiler

guess I should have clarified that more hee heee....or sounds like I'm
sluffin' off, but I have my students K-12...so I work those value and mixing
lessons starting very early on and throughout their grades/years. By the
time my high school students take the major painting unit (usually their
junior year) where it takes nearly 8-9 weeks to produce an 18"x 24"
landscape, many things have been drilled into them, and much has become near
intuitive or natural.

I just did a complementary/value lesson with watercolor markers, a brush and
clear water utilizing simple still lifes with my 4th thru 6th graders. Soon
we'll be hittin' the temperas for more structured strips...with those age
groups, and I begin as early as Kindergarden with simple color wheel basics.
I give it in small bites, but often.

okay...now that I cleared that up, hope I've redeemed myself. hah...

Checked out the links provided, thanks Judy...and again, top notch lesson
Pam!!!

Larry Seiler

---