ArtsEdNet - burnishing ceramics

---------

From: Leah Rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 07:56:47 PST

Thank you all for so much wonderful feed back, I have still not outsmarted
my Spam catcher, so all the mail is delayed by a day, but I've "whitelisted"
many of you- so some of it comes though...

We are burnishing away... only 2 pots have broken (out of 11) so far - this
is the middle school class, I am re-thinking having the younger group do
it... spoons work much better than rocks - but I having them start with
rocks, to get the authentic feel of it...

So - I get it that the newspaper/foil thing is not a great idea, I will
revisit the suggestion with the man who told me about it and see if maybe I
misunderstood his instructions -

but... do they even need firing then after burnishing? I would think so -
but some of your responses were unclear on that - -thank you for your
suggestions - Leah

---