color mixing strip paintings

---------

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 05:53:54 PST

Beth,
They keep the strip on. If they did their job well you will have a hard
time finding the strip. Then they get to explain what they did to viewers
who are amazed and highly impressed! :) But it is certainly an obtion to
remove or paint over the strip when completed.

Yes, I cut vertical strips which include a horizon line, sky and ground.
Not all. I also will include a few strips which have sections of color
shapes if they want to do something more abstract. Then your student will
have to deal with compositional issues related to abstraction.
Pam Wellington - Art Department Chair
Boiling Springs H. S.
Boiling Springs, PA

Does the strip which is glued on stay on or eventually
get removed?

Did you cut vertical strips from the Impressionist paintings? That way
you got some of each level back into space? Thanks for sharing...I like
this...
Beth H

---