RE: Question on Teaching Color Mixing

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 05:39:27 PST

I don't know if this will help - but many years ago I had kids glue a scenic
postcard to a scrap of mat board - larger than the postcard. Then they had
to extend the image of the postcard - then mix colors to match the postcard
and complete the image - I did it as a student in high school, I have had
middle school students do it before.
Not a recipe - but good ole problem solving -
Ellen

Subject: Question on Teaching Color Mixing

One thing I've always found to be both complicated and challenging is mixing

paint colors in oil or acrylic painting. As a professional artist as well as

educator the ability to properly mix paints to create desired tones and
colors is highly important.

Im curious if anyone has any ideas or lessons they may have used before
offering insight into how to teach high school or middle school level
students about color mixing and color recipes etc for painting?

Thanks,
Madeline