Question on Teaching Color Mixing

---------

From: Madeline Fersko (maddy74_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 20:58:44 PST

One thing I've always found to be both complicated and challenging is mixing
paint colors in oil or acrylic painting. As a professional artist as well as
educator the ability to properly mix paints to create desired tones and
colors is highly important.

Im curious if anyone has any ideas or lessons they may have used before
offering insight into how to teach high school or middle school level
students about color mixing and color recipes etc for painting?

Thanks,
Madeline

---