Ideas for teaching rembrandt

---------

From: Madeline Fersko (maddy74_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 13:23:58 PST

Rembrandt is my personal favorite painter of all times. If you have a high
school level class I'd make apoint to discuss the sense of 'emotion,' and
'spirituality,' that rembrandts portraits evoke. Further, I'd consider
asking your students to think about how revolutionary Rembrandts paintings
were for his time. Moreover, you might want students to question what
painting techniques Rembrandt used to achieve the strong sense of emotion in
his paintings.

hope this helps-
madeline

>From: Betty Bowen <bbowen@cushingms.k12.ok.us>
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: Re: Rembrandt
>Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:22:49 -0600

to do when they learn about Rembrandt -
> like when they did Arcimboldo they covered a wig stand with velcro,
and had magazine flowers and fruits to make a portrait -

bbowen@cushingms.k12.ok.us
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu