Contemporary African American Artist - Ta-coumba Aiken

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 09:11:49 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Consider introducing your students to St. Paul
Minnesota artist, Ta-coumba Aiken:
http://www.decemberdesigns.com/source/sitesource/tyesintro.html
Check the Gallery:
http://www.decemberdesigns.com/source/sitesource/paintingsT.html

See Ta-coumba in action - Artist's Toolkit:
http://www.artsconnected.org/toolkit/inaction.html

Create a video featuring Ta-coumba.
From Cave Art to Your Art:
http://www.sanford-artedventures.com/play/caveart/index.html
Site includes many video clip of Ta-coumba. This is a
new Sanford ArtEdventure.

Ta-coumba Aiken is linked on African American Artists:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Af-am2.htm

Artist's Tool Kit and From Cave Art to Your Art are
linked on Just for Kids:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/for-kids.htm

I hope Ta-coumba's art will inspire your students.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====
Incredible Art Department