World War II Posters - Plus Maya (Science link)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 06:17:52 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Those of you who do poster design may find this site
interesting.
World War II Posters:
http://www.library.northwestern.edu/govpub/collections/wwii-posters/
The Government Publications Department at Northwestern
University Library has a comprehensive collection of
over 300 posters issued by U.S. Federal agencies from
the onset of war through 1945.

I found some very strong poster designs just doing the
"All Poster" searches.

I have added a link to this on Artists and Art Styles:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/artists.htm

Those of you who study art of the Maya - might find
this science connection interesting.
"The Rise and Fall of the Mayan Empire"
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/15nov_maya.htm?list505274
Scientists are using space satellites to unravel one
of the great mysteries of the ancient world.
From Scence NASA -- Theory given as to what may have
happened to the Maya.

I have added a link to this on my Pre-Columbian page
and on the Maya Internet lesson.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/precolum.htm

Both of these links came from Net Gold Yahoo list.
Their archives are open to all.

...and a side note: My Yahoo address is being spoofed
again sending viruses. I am getting at least one a day
now from Jdecker. Of course, I am not sending them
(full header does show the source). Just delete them.
If you report them as spam, I may lose my account. I
reported it to Yahoo requesting that they not close my
account and got a form letter back. You might want to
check your spam/bulk folders now as my posts are
probably already being sent there as a result. Unblock
my address and/or move it to your friends folder or
inbox (depending how your filtering works). Yahoo
closed my jdeckeriad account (someone reported it as
sending spam).

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====