Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

World War II Posters - Plus Maya (Science link)

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 06:17:52 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Those of you who do poster design may find this site
World War II Posters:
The Government Publications Department at Northwestern
University Library has a comprehensive collection of
over 300 posters issued by U.S. Federal agencies from
the onset of war through 1945.

I found some very strong poster designs just doing the
"All Poster" searches.

I have added a link to this on Artists and Art Styles:

Those of you who study art of the Maya - might find
this science connection interesting.
"The Rise and Fall of the Mayan Empire"
Scientists are using space satellites to unravel one
of the great mysteries of the ancient world.
From Scence NASA -- Theory given as to what may have
happened to the Maya.

I have added a link to this on my Pre-Columbian page
and on the Maya Internet lesson.

Both of these links came from Net Gold Yahoo list.
Their archives are open to all.

...and a side note: My Yahoo address is being spoofed
again sending viruses. I am getting at least one a day
now from Jdecker. Of course, I am not sending them
(full header does show the source). Just delete them.
If you report them as spam, I may lose my account. I
reported it to Yahoo requesting that they not close my
account and got a form letter back. You might want to
check your spam/bulk folders now as my posts are
probably already being sent there as a result. Unblock
my address and/or move it to your friends folder or
inbox (depending how your filtering works). Yahoo
closed my jdeckeriad account (someone reported it as
sending spam).

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources