NPR's "Performance Today" will feature a series addressing music and arts education

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 09:20:48 PST

DICK DEASY ON NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO'S "PERFORMANCE TODAY" NEXT WEEK

During the week of November 15th, NPR's "Performance Today" will feature
a series addressing music and arts education. Secretary of Education
Rod
Paige will kick off the series on Monday. Dick Deasy, director of the
Arts Education Partnership, was interviewed today by the program's host,
Korva
Coleman, for a segment that will air next Friday, November 19th. The
interview includes an introduction to the Arts Education Partnership,
how AEP
examines state policies affecting arts education, how the federal No
Child Left Behind Act is affecting arts education across the country,
current research
providing evidence on the impact of arts instruction, the strain on
school budgets for arts education, and how parents can advocate for
music and other
arts programs. We know that the interviews and related resources can
also be accessed via the NPR web site ? www.npr.org ? and selecting the
"Performance Today" program.

If you don't know whether "Performance Today" is available in your area,
visit the NPR web site, and select "Performance Today" under Programs
and
Schedules, and then click on "Check our listing for a Station Near You
That Carries PT." You can use the drop down box to select your state.
Note that
the program airs at different times on different stations.

Please spread the word to others to listen to "Performance Today" next
week!

---