RE: White watercolor

---------

From: BARBARA ANTEBI (artgal50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 18:04:41 PST

When I teach watercolors I remove the white paint because I tell the kids, "what you don't put down on the paper is just as important as what you do" considering the negative space is a very important technique in painting with watercolor.

Barb in El Paso

"Hillmer, Jan" <HillmJan@Berkeleyprep.org> wrote:
Long ago, I used the almost empty watercolor pans at my school and had the kids mix a dark neutral color with whatever colors were left. We used that leftover color mix for our Asian paintings and they turned out quite nicely. It was a great way to not throw away the last little bits in those watercolor pans.
Jan