Re: Silk Screen Screens

---------

From: Scott Harrison (harrison360_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 15:25:14 PST

I've used something for stencils that is known as "deer wrap" around
here. It has a plastic on one side and butcher paper on the other. The
plastic goes against the screen and is waterproof. Available at most
supermarkets wherever deer are hunted...

Scott Harrison
South Fork High School
Humboldt Redwoods

On Nov 14, 2004, at 9:55 AM, Terry Mead wrote:

> An even less expensive silk screen I have used is plastic embroidery
> hoops stretched with cotton organdy. Squeegee with out of date credit
> cards (cut in half). I remember some trouble with construction paper
> not sticking to screen due to its thickness and using newsprint
> instead. This was a very good stencil. To change to new student, new
> piece of organdy can be stretched with old piece being put in bowl of
> water until someone is available to wash it out. Easier to wash up if
> ink doesn't dry in screen. An interim method until real screens can
> fit into your budget.
> Lois Mead
> Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School
> Moraga, Calif.