Silk Screen Screens

---------

From: Terry Mead (renmead_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 09:55:34 PST

An even less expensive silk screen I have used is plastic embroidery
hoops stretched with cotton organdy. Squeegee with out of date credit
cards (cut in half). I remember some trouble with construction paper
not sticking to screen due to its thickness and using newsprint
instead. This was a very good stencil. To change to new student, new
piece of organdy can be stretched with old piece being put in bowl of
water until someone is available to wash it out. Easier to wash up if
ink doesn't dry in screen. An interim method until real screens can fit
into your budget.
Lois Mead
Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School
Moraga, Calif.