Add Silkscreen Printing to your Elementary Program - Lesson on IAD

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 13:52:08 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Silkscreen printing can be done with elementary
students. Kathy Douglas does it every year. It is just
amazing how they get this all done - as hers is a
CHOICE classroom... many activities going at one time.
Those of you who do printmaking might want to start
out with a silkscreen printing station when you do
your unit. I always wanted to borrow the screens I
used at the high school and use them with my middlers,
but never did. I would have taken a similar approach.

Silscreen printing with paper stencils:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Kathy-silk.htm

Linked from Elementary Lessons. I moved the printing
lessons all together (several inches up from the
bottom of page). I have more I want to add to this
lesson (links etc)- all you need is there.

Kathy has a "menu" (poster) that students follow. Her
menus for her centers can be found on the TAB Choice
list serve site. To visit your group on the web, go
to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TAB-ChoiceArtEd/

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====