Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Add Silkscreen Printing to your Elementary Program - Lesson on IAD

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 13:52:08 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Silkscreen printing can be done with elementary
students. Kathy Douglas does it every year. It is just
amazing how they get this all done - as hers is a
CHOICE classroom... many activities going at one time.
Those of you who do printmaking might want to start
out with a silkscreen printing station when you do
your unit. I always wanted to borrow the screens I
used at the high school and use them with my middlers,
but never did. I would have taken a similar approach.

Silscreen printing with paper stencils:

Linked from Elementary Lessons. I moved the printing
lessons all together (several inches up from the
bottom of page). I have more I want to add to this
lesson (links etc)- all you need is there.

Kathy has a "menu" (poster) that students follow. Her
menus for her centers can be found on the TAB Choice
list serve site. To visit your group on the web, go

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

Do you Yahoo!?