Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Art of the Holocaust - Links - anyone have a lesson?

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 10:03:28 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I just added a bunch of links to Incredible Art
Resources. I will be putting more links on for Art of
the Holocaust in time....but would like to know if any
of you have done any lesson on that topic.

Right now - a few links are listed on my Artists/Art
styles page:

Here are the links that I do have added (more to come)
Last Expression: Art from Auschwitz
Learning about the Holocaust Through Art
Moshe Rynecki Virtual Museum

My Segal Figure lesson can be tweaked to feature
Holocaust art more - and a lesson by Kevan Nizberge
with hand and face cast (expressing emotions) could be
adapted as well. A linoleum or wood cut print lesson
could also be adpated. I would like to have some
student art for the links page on this topic and a
lesson plan to feature.

I will compile a list of all of the other links I
added and share that with you. All of the sites are
also recommended by PBS.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources