several, water color,helpful people and color theory( do da!!)

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 04:52:47 PST

First I have to say I love all you guys. I have my Sax catalog to my left
turned to the water color page. The My first sets intrigue me as it re-in
forces the fact that colors need to be mixed or blended. Over the years I
have started hiding the blacks from the watercolors.I have found that
training kids to leave the sets open to dry.. helps save them.I started buy
full sized replacements. I found that I liked Prang better price wise. Now
I have square,1/2 oval and full that I am managing and replacing each year.
On a tangent I set then out differently. With the box in a pile next to the
strips. Told kids they can use the box to mix, but rinse and dry it. For
the first time high school kids have done that. There has been zero
incidence of shutting the wet ones in the trays.
Second thing I wanted to mention is how wonderful every one is about
sharing. If my recent post about art research papers miffed anyone(I know
it did) it was out of consideration for Kal, who made it. I was respecting
her generous nature . I should have said, if you want to post it on your
site email her first. I would be glad to pass her email address on to
anyone who wants to do that.
Third I am really interested in the strand on color theory. Back in the
70's when I taught in Australia they used the double primary approach.
Twenty plus years later I still want to go back to it. A warm and cool red
a warm and cool yellow and or course a warm and cool blue.
Randy, (they predict snow today in Maine)

---