RE: moving to Charlotte, NC

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 06:27:16 PST

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg system is the largest in the state of NC and is quite good, as far as I know. They have an outstanding arts program.Dean Johns is the Director of Arts Programs-a great guy who has won national awards in art education. I know many of the art teachers in the system and they are terrific. Charlotte as a city is very sophisticated and quite supportive of the arts. You will find many sculptures downtown. The Mint Museum is excellent and has many wonderful programs. The school system includes schools which are arts magnets. If you decide you want specific people to talk with, let me know. Welcome to North Carolina-you'll love it here! Also, good luck on National Boards. North Carolina boasts the highest number of nationally certified art teachers in the country. Linda in NC