Re: watercolor refills LOVE PRANG which does come in Magenta & Turquoise

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 20:51:19 PST

In the early 60's when I first started teaching the Art Supervisor did
all the purchasing and would only buy Prang. "Cheaper and better
quality" he said. I tried the unfamiliar Prang and have been a poster
person ever since.

A former student works for a major comic book company as an artist for
many years. He told me that he has any expensive material he could want
to work with but in his desk is the old metal tray of Prang watercolors
that I gave him in 4th grade. He fell in love with them the day I put
the tray on his desk and said, "Try this!" I remember that he would
only work with black pen and I was trying to get him to just try
something else. I had tried to tempt him with many media choices but
he had rejected everything else before the watercolors.

You can order the Prang refills in magenta and turquoise and I agree
with the person who said the color blends are very rich & clear when
the children use them as the primary.

When the students set up for watercolor they first drip a little water
into each pot then set up everything else. While they are taping their
paper the paint is getting soft so when they are all set up it is
ready. No shine!

Sharon ~ Retired & happy in NJ

---