Re: magenta, turquoise, yellow: yum!

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 15:12:47 PST

Actually there was a debate about a century back as to which
set of primaries to use in art education. R-B-Y won out. In
middle school I tried to plant the idea that there were several
sets of primaries depending upon the use. R-G-B for light as
in color TV or Y-M-C for printing or color photography and of
course R-Y-B for mixing pigments. I had students use Y-M-C
for painting on occasion and often in multicolor printing.
Here is a link to some color theory pages we used:
        http://www.taospaint.com/Colorwheel.html
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons