Re: magenta, turquoise, yellow: yum!

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 15:25:53 PST

In a message dated 11/11/04 6:08:58 PM, Nnaell@aol.com writes:

> Do you use magenta, turquoise and yellow tempera paints instead of red,
> yellow and blue?

I use it all! see my web log (http://tabchoiceteaching.blogspot.com/) for a
photo I just posted of my paint trays. Students choose their own colors when
they paint; they are not allowed to paint without a palette and try and stop
them from mixing colors! They love it. Students are encouraged to create
the sorts of colors they need for their particular work: neutral colors for the
animal painters, brights for those flower and rainbow paintings so dear to the
hearts of eight year old girls, greys and greens and black in the current
flood of military subject matter and so on.

My students are little: aged five through nine, but they really know their
colors. I love Judi Morgan's lesson having students work with both sets of
colors and make the comparisons.

A number of student paintings (most of them 2ft by 3ft can be found in our
online art exhibit
(http://ebps.net/centralschool/artshow.html)

kathy douglas :::getting the urge to paint after this discussion::::

---