magenta, turquoise, yellow: yum!

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 14:46:42 PST

In a message dated 11/11/04 4:16:31 PM, HillmJan@Berkeleyprep.org writes:

> Aha – share a bit about the “new color theory”   Any way I can get easy-to
> digest-info on that?
> jan

 The book I use with my students is Ruth Heller's lovely COLOR, complete with
great acetate overlays. I guess the easiest explanation is that these are
the colors used in color printing (along with black) Before I start a war
about color mixing (and I am no expert) I will say that using those colors
(magenta, turquoise and yellow) in watercolor and along with other colors in
tempera has transformed my students' work. The violets and greens that can be
mixed are just marvelous. I can't put a photo here, but I have posted a photo
of my tempera paint trays on my web log:
http://tabchoiceteaching.blogspot.com/
I also have a little chart in the form of a pdf. file. I will try to attach
it and send it to you off of this list.
regards,
kathy douglas

---