Basic Web Quest Lesson - handout

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 08:39:24 PST

Dear Art Educators,

The topic of Web Quests came up on Ed Tech list....A
good web quest can take many hours to write and
research. You use that Web Quest one year then when
you try to use it again, you find the URLs have
changed - sites have changed or have been removed
completely. I quit doing detailed web quests for my
units and did a "generic" lesson using my links pages.
I have now put the lesson on my site:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/artnet2.htm

(linked from my Internet Lessons page).

I could tweak this handout for any artist or culture I
was doing. My students only went to the computer lab
one day for most of my units (except art technology
students). Often, I just put the questions up on the
white board and they used their own paper.

Hope this helps some of you integrate technology into
your classroom. I used the lesson with middle school
students. Some were able to answer all questions - all
were at least able to answer 3 in one class period
(even special ed students). All students at least got
60% if they remained on task the entire period
(reading/staying on the right sites - even if no
questions were answered). I often graded these while
the students were working (then re-evaluated them
after I collected them and read their answers - Rarely
had anyone get lesson than 70%). I based the minimum
of three questions for a grade of 70% or better on
research I had done one year using 7th grade students
as subjects.

I have posted this to the lists before - just thought
I would put it out there for others to find.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====
Incredible Art Department