RE: Rembrandt

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 12:31:18 PST

Our Parent's group did Rembrandt last year, preceding a trip some of our
students took to Amsterdam. Altho this takes a bit of doing, we
assigned each person in Rembrandts' Night Watch painting a number - I
believe there are 19 folks total in that painting. Our classes are
limited to 20 so we added Rembrandt, too. Then we gave each child a
number, had them dress according to that person in the painting, and
took photos of them all in the Night watch pose. This takes some
advance doing - a copy of the pic so you can tell the students where to
stand, a large location with positions marked on the floor, as well as
appropriate costumes. With a number of parents in the room we were able
to have the kids dress and stand in the correct place, take a photo and
take off the simple costumes - all in about 20 min. It was successful -
I had a copy of Night Watch in my classroom and the kids would
frequently show me "I was that one!"

BTW, Love the idea of the Archibaldo wig.

Jan