Paper mache chairs

---------

From: dn (dnes_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 17:42:34 PST

Hi

I am thinking about making large scale paper mache sculptures with my art club students this year. Paper mache chairs is what is on my mind right now and I am hoping there might be some folks who have done this project before and could give me a few pointers.

This needs to be done without much expense. I was thinking it could be done with cardboard, tape and newspaper paper mache and glue or paste for the least amount of cost. Any suggestions on materials if we want to make the chairs able to bear any weight?

Also, does anyone have images of life-sized paper mache chairs they have made with their students?

Thanks
Deborah

---