shrine/monument/ofrenda...

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 12:17:18 PST

i'm working on a project idea in which students choose a favorite/important object and construct (by drawing) a kind of shrine or monument for it. we're going to look at lots of sacred architecture, but are there any contemporary artists who have made a sort of structural homage to an object or thing or even non-religious person? an irreverent approach would be great -

thanks,

wendy free