Re: NAEA Conevntion in Boston

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 13:57:28 PST

My comments are in BOLD just to make them easier to read. hope that is okay
In a message dated 11/7/04 4:47:25 PM, art304@bellsouth.net writes:

>   Some good Irish
> fare, restaurants in Cambridge, etc. I LIKE THE PLOUGH AND STARS IN
> CAMBRIDGE FOR NICE FOOD AND GOOD MUSIC AND "FOOTBALL" ON THE TELLY. IT IS ON MASS.
> AVE BETWEEN HARVARD AND CENTRAL SQ.  (RED LINE ON THE T) (and what is the name
> of that
> restaurant near Faneuil Hall where the waitresses are rude to you on
> purpose?) DURGIN PARK! A FUN PLACE, ESPECIALLY FOR A GROUP
> I'd love to know where some speciality art supply stores are (any bead
> or paper stores in Boston?). PEARL ARTS IN CENTRAL SQARE CAMBRIDGE, THE ART
> STORE IN THE OLD SEARS BUILDING NEAR FENWAY PARK, BEADWORKS IN HARVARD
> SQUARE, CAMBRIDGE (CHURCH STREET) THE PAPER SOURCE IN CAMBRIDGE, I FORGET
> WHERE...
> How to get on the train and head north to Ipswich or Newburyport or
> south to Plymouth (if there is such a train). COMMUTER RAIL GOING NORTH GOES
> OUT OF NORTH STATION...TO GO TO KINGSTON OR MIDDLEBORO YOU CAN GET A TRAIN
> AT SOUTH STATION THAT TAKES JUST AN HOUR. GO TO http://www.mbta.com/ FOR
> COMPLETE SCHEDULES.

I was in Boston last night to hear the Symphony and it was a gorgeous night,
with the Mother Church all lit up across the street from Symphony Hall, and
people thronging the streets enjoying the weather and all the great little
restaurants. I hope the March weather is not too severe. Boston is a wonderful
town and small enough for lots of exploring.
kathy douglas

---