Re: NAEA Conevntion in Boston

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 13:46:44 PST

On Nov 6, 2004, at 7:58 PM, Leslie Miller wrote:

> Members of the MAEA (Massachusetts Art Educators Association) met
> today to
> brainstorm ways to make your visit to Boston, a happy and satisfying
> stay.

Leslie,
This is a wonderful idea! Thanks to MAEA for wanting to make us feel
welcome!
Personally, I'd love to know about great restaurants in Boston. Maybe
some good, inexpensive Italian food in the North End? Some good Irish
fare, restaurants in Cambridge, etc. (and what is the name of that
restaurant near Faneuil Hall where the waitresses are rude to you on
purpose?)
I'd love to know where some speciality art supply stores are (any bead
or paper stores in Boston?).
How to get on the train and head north to Ipswich or Newburyport or
south to Plymouth (if there is such a train). I lived on the
northshore for 13 years, but that was 20 years ago so I'm sure that
things have changed some.

I got a "suite" at The Eliot House for just a bit more than I was going
to pay at the Marriott. Online, it looks charming and seems to be
pretty close to the convention center. Plus, for 11 dollars more than
the Marriott, I have room for my family to travel with me! I hope it's
as nice as it looks!
I can't wait till March!

ann

---