Re: Quiet Sign for the ART Room

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (hoart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 10:43:46 PST

Now that I teach all of my classes in computer labs my major problem is
students focusing on their computer screens when I am presenting
material to the class. This year after a few too many instances of
students not paying attention to the presentation I put a new policy in
place. If a students is manipulating a mouse or typing the entire class
gets to stand until I have completed my presentation. So now I simply
saw looks like John of Mary wants the entire class to stand until the
end of the presentation. It seems to be working.

Back in the days when I taught traditional media I always told the kids
they could work and talk but not talk and work. When I got a confused
look I explained priorities.

Harold

personal web site - www.olejarz.com
school web site -