CHINESE HISTORY/CULTURE: Visual Sourcebook of Chinese Civilization

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 08:49:15 PST

Dear List Members,

I have added a link to "Visual Sourcebook of Chinese
Civilization"
http://depts.washington.edu/chinaciv/index.htm

This source can be found on:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/oriental.htm

"The project was made possible by financial support
from the Education Division of the National Endowment
for the Humanities, an independent federal agency, the
Freeman Foundation, and the Chiang Ching- Kuo
Foundation."

"The goal of this 'visual sourcebook' is to add to the
material teachers can use to help their students
understand Chinese history, culture, and society. It
was not designed to stand alone; we assume that
teachers who use it will also assign a textbook with
basic information about Chinese history."

Contents:
Geography
Ancient Period Ancient Tombs
Early Imperial Period Buddhism
Calligraphy
Middle Imperial Period Military Technology
Painting
Late Imperial Period Homes
Gardens
Twentieth Century Clothing
Graphic Arts

Timeline and Teachers' Guide (guide in pdf format).

Lia Johnson sent me this link - I had browsed the
Woodcut section before. A link to that section is on:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/prints.htm

Regards,

Judy Decker