RE: Quiet Sign for the ART Room

---------

From: Carolyn McDonald (carolyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 08:25:10 PST

Just in time I started reading the quiet sign mails and last Friday I went
to school with my letters and instituted the idea. I gave my 6th, 7th and
8th graders a written explanation of what the new policy is and why. I
explained the policy and how it will work. At the end of the written
explanation given to all was a place for students to write a sentence or 2
about the policy and why it was needed. Then each student had a place to
sign and date, showing his or her understanding and willingness to abide by
the policy. Copies were made for the principal and I kept copies. All of
the students indicated their understanding and willingness. A number of
students wrote about their appreciation of the policy.
Now we shall see what happens this week!
Thank you and best wishes to all.
Carolyn McDonald
Skyline Junior High, Peoria, Az.