Russian Architecture Lesson Plan

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 11:38:35 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am just doing a quick search for quality
architecture lessons. I had to pull some off the site
recently.

Here is one for Russian Architecture from PBS.
http://www.pbs.org/weta/faceofrussia/reference/lesson2.html

Use any kind of media. I will be adding Russian
Architecture links (already shared with Patti Caiola
-Patti is doing lessons on Russian architecture)

Extension - comparing Russian architecture to
Eurasian:
http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdc/LessonPlans/RussianEurasianArchit.html

Russian Art and Architecture (some links may be
broken):
http://www.departments.bucknell.edu/russian/art.html
Little Russia in US:
http://russia-in-us.com/

Possible Media choices:
Gem and glitter crayons - water color resist
Tagboard/cardboard collagraph relief prints
Scratchfoam Relief prints
Black glue outline (try Gold puffy paint outline) -
chalk/pastels or oil pastels
Chalk stencil background - cut black paper silhouette
Painted background (warm or cool skies) - black
painted silhouette.
"Starry Night" (marbled background) - buildings added
in silhoutte (Denise Pannell's lesson)- Building could
be printed on with foam plates.
Ceramic relief tiles - stained or painted after
firing.
Ceramic basilica's (Christine Sumner-Lyman's lesson).
Crayon etchings
Gold or silver scratchboard.
Cut paper collage (a la Romare Bearden) - add people
inside windows showing a slice of Russian life.
Found object sculpture (recycling - paper towel tubes,
Pringles cans, cardboard etc).

Architecture is a frequent search topic on the site.
If you have a successful lesson plan - send it my way.

Regards,

Judy Decker