Native American Sites featured on Great Sites and Incredible Artists

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 08:23:10 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Native American (and Thanksgiving) sites are featured
on Great Sites:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/site_of_week/greatsite.html

Native American Artists:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/site_of_week/artist_sites.html

Send me additional sites you would like to see
featured. I know some of your favorite artists may not
be listed....Send me a site featuring their work and I
will add it.

A good lesson plan for Thanksgiving- Thanks Painting:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/jesse-thanks.htm

Those of you wishing to do Native American projects -
be sure to do your research. Know the group customs
and beliefs....Know the proper materials - know the
correct culture....and remember - the Y rattle is NOT
Native American (It is African)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/africamusic.htm
I have already written to the education site that has
the Y shaped rattle as a Native American craft and
they refuse to correct their error....but then, they
also have toilet paper Kachinas, too.

Regards,

Judy Decker