Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Quiet Sign for the ART Room

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 11:21:48 PST

Dear Art Educators,

The question on how to keep elementary kids noise
level down has come up on TAB list - and frequently
comes up on the other art ed lists.

I have put a page on Incredible Art Department only
temporarily describing how to make an ART sign (after
Ed Ruscha - ART done in 1970).

I used the ART on the chalkboard method with
elementary students and 6th grade. I didn't need it
for 7th and 8th.

I will write to Los Angeles County Museum for
permission to keep the page online (I didn't find any
contact info for Ruscha). If Sherrie Levine can do a
Fountain (after Duchamp) - you can make a sign after
Ruscha. You could even get creative and make it in
different colors (have more than one).

Judy Decker

Do You Yahoo!?