participation rubric- here's mine.. but lacks 'something'

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 06:12:12 PST

Hello!

Whenever I am in need of help, I know I can ask all of
you for your divine inspiration. So, here's the
problem.
In addition to all of our teachers having to create
task scoring guides (aka rubric) we have been asked to
create one that grades the participation of the
students. Now, I usually take participation into
account for the art grade I assign, but our department
wants us to create just a participation rubric. I did
look at Judy D's site and printed off some of the art
rubrics and some of them did have effort rubrics
within the art rubric, but I need one that just has
participation only. I have begun to create one and
have included it here... can you think of anything
wlse I can add? Along with the fog here this morning,
the fog has invaded my brain. It needs to be general
but not to general. What are things you constantly
require or expect each day?. I know I need more for
Progressing toward and Not there yet, but I am at a
standstill and I know I have more expectations, but
having to actaully put them on paper puts me at a
lose. Can you help?
Have a great day!
jeannie in ga

Exemplary: (Above and Beyond)
I have accomplished all of the PROFICIENT level
criteria plus:
o take care of all business before entering classroom
(bathroom, water or locker)
o respectful to teacher and class mates
o listens to directions first time given and adheres
to them throughout grading period
o cleans up quickly and quietly and promptly sits down
and waits for end of class dismissal
o Worked quietly and independently every day during
projects.
o Always on task.
o Turned in all work on time in designated location.

Proficient:
1. Observe all school rules from agenda
2. Keep conversations to a whisper
3. Always come to class prepared and ready to learn
4. Bring a pencil everyday and required materials
5. Remain at assigned location
6. Label all work with first/last name, period and
homeroom teacher.
7. Do not throw materials in class
8. Clean up after self at the end of the period
9. Used class time wisely each day and stayed on task.
10. No gum, food or candy in class

Progressing Toward:
1. Occasionally had to be reminded to use class time
wisely each day and stay on task.
2. On 4 step plan for one infraction for failing to
follow class room rules

Not There Yet:
Constantly had to be reminded to use class time
wisely each day and stay on task.
On 4 step plan for more than one infraction for
failing to follow class room rules