RE: Giants lesson - small and tall

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 18:11:06 PST

Thanks for all of the idea generators on this subject - my 2/3 classes have
been doing animals, whimsical and so forth... I read the e-mail about the
person that would have 2s do fairies and 3s do giants.... and had a 30
minute class coming up and the kids took their animal - changed it to become
a mythical or fantasy animal - and the 2s had to make them small, small,
small... and the 3s had to make them giants - since both grades are in the
same class - it made for a great discussion... and some great paintings -
(cute little things that lived in the flower pots, or big things next to the
Statue of Liberty...

Today I had them give me creature facts - type, name, five things to know
(they love grilled cheese sandwiches on cold, rainy days...)special things
they could do (save the world, juggle, toast marshmallows) write a short
story about the painting -

sort of like trading cards for small and tall -

Thanks for helping out -

Ellen

---