Re: Artists who use Words (Wendy and all)

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 04:27:58 PST

I just got through having my students do Idiom Art.This is the first year I have done this and wow!! It was a wonderful way to see what kids grokked what an idiom is by simply looking at their pictures. An instant assessment for language arts. I have used visual art before to see if my 4th grade students understand the concepts of summarizing main ideas...understanding what setting is and even if they know how to write a complete sentence ( something 4th graders *still* need to work on*chuckles*) The Idiom Art though,turned out even better than I thought it would...will take some pics of them this week and will send them on. One of the things I am grateful for is this list and all the wonderful ideas I have gathered here!
Wishing all a wonder filled holiday season here
~Samantha

---