Re: NYTimes and Disney tree

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 09:59:19 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: Patricia Knott <pknott@enter.net>
Sunday's NY Times Magazine focuses on: Design: Where does Inspiration come
from.
The Height of Ingenuity
By NORMAN VANAMEE
The problem: designing a cellphone tower that isn't an eyesore. Here are
some solutions
**************************
Hi, Patty. This brings to mind the cellphone tower near my former condo. The
small town of Alamo, CA was dead set again it for aesthetic purposes. It
sprang up all the same but they did a clever thing. They worked with the
Disney Corporation to make an outside casing shell that looks like a
tall...very tall...pine tree complete with textured trunk and lots and lots
of pine needle branches. It looks so real that even looking directly at it,
it blends in with the other pine trees around it and you don't notice it at
all. I watched the day the Disney people came out to erect it and found the
whole process soooo interesting. It even felt like bark! Toodles....Bunki

---