Elements and Principles Matching - Ruth and all

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 17:45:40 PST

Dear Art Educators,

The other day I shared Ruth's matching portion of her
Elements and Principles of Design test. I have now put
a revision on Incredible Art Department:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Test3.htm
Just 25 questions - you may add on.

You may use this matching in combination with the True
False and multiple choice questions posted yesterday.
Here are the links to the True False - Multiple choice
- and short answer.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Test1.htm
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Test.htm
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Test2.htm
I have corrected Intermediate colors to include
Tertiary.

Feel free to download these - combine in any way you
wish. IF you put them on your web site, just provide a
link back to Incredible Art Department.

I am working on 25 questions using works of art that
would be good for students to know (grades 7 thru 12 -
Art 1).

Take advantage of my motivatin now...(smile). Send
your 25 top "must know" works of art for the Elements
and Principles of Design Test for middle school and
above. This IS something I have wanted to do for quite
some time - but didn't know there was an interest
until now. What are the most common art prints that
all of you have? I want images that are also found
online. You folks can then pick and choose questions
to make your own test...combining with the other test
links that I posted.

I will start with some suggestions....Please add on.
I'll start writing the test and all of you can
critique it. I WILL want the crit of my questions
posted (but you can also just send off list if you
prefer). I have read all of the suggestions given so
far and am now "pumped"...I help hubby write his
tests, too.

Here is my list so far:

Leonardo da Vinci- Mona Lisa (everyone has that image
somewhere)- or Last Supper - or both
Vincent Van Gogh - Starry Night (all of you have that
one somewhere)- or a self portrait - or both
Johannes Vermeer - Milkmaid
Albrecht Durer -Self Portrait OR Young Hare
EL Greco - View of Toledo
Rembrandt Van Rijn - Self Portrait
Francisco Goya - Execution of the Rebels of the 3rd of
May
Jean Millet - The Gleaners
Claude Monet - Haystacks, '89 - or Waterlilies
Pierre August Renoir - Luncheon of the Boating Party
Paul Cezanne - Still life or Woman with Mango
Henri Rousseau - Virgin Forest or Surprised Storm
Henri Matisse - The Purple Robe - or Beasts of the Sea
Wassily Kandinsky - Lines of Marks - or The White Dot
Paul Klee - The Goldfish - or Sinbad the Sailor
George Rouault - The Old King
Piet Mondrian - Composition No. 2
Pablo Picasso - Portrait of a woman - or Guernica
Pablo Picasso - The Tradedy
Marc Chagall - I and the Village
Salvador Dali - Persistence of Memory
Joan Miro - People and Dog in Sun
Victor Vasarely - Tridem K
Edward Hicks - Peaceable Kingdom
Winslow Homer - Snap the Whip
Jame McNeill Whistler - Arrangement in Grey and Black
Romare Bearden - She-Ba or Carolina Shout -or
Summertime
Stuart Davis - Combination Concrete
Charles Demuthe - Figure Fivein Gold
Robert Indian - The X 5
Jacob Lawrence - Marionettes
Georgia O'Keeffe- RAanchos Church - or Pelvis with the
Distance
Robert Rauschenberg - Retroactive 1
Andy Warhol - Marilyn Monroe
Andrew Wyeth - Christina's World - or Benny's
Scarecrow
Jackson Pollock - Mural

Add on to the list of important works of art. I'll see
what ones I can find online. Once I get my machine
back, I'll look at the list of "must do" artists for
middle school. I'll try to get one images from each
artist. Some more contemporary art needs to be added
to the test as well as some 3-D.

Judy

=====
Judith Decker