Re: Vicki and performance standards

---------

From: jmw (wellj44_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 06:19:41 PST

I just cannot resist sharing the following Elliot Eisner quote w/you,
Vickie, from his list of ten lessons the arts teach. I shared it with
my administration, and it went over like a lead balloon.

". . . The standard paradigm holds that goals and objectives must be
clear and than once clear, means can be designed to attain those goals.
 Once means are implemented, evaluation procedures can be used to
determine if the goals and objectives have been reached. The problem
with this model is that this is not the way life works; and it's
certainly not the way work in the arts proceeds."

It makes me feel good just reading it. regards, J.

vranck0602@aol.com wrote:

>Guru Judy,
>. . . but have you read the standards for art
>in Tennessee???? Not user friendly.
>I appreciate you and all here at artsednet,
>Vicki

---