rubric sample

---------

From: Ruth Wilson (Ruth.Wilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 11:14:24 PST

I have the most success with simple rubrics like the one below
The bullets would be checkboxes so students would check off
each that they completed. If they do not turn in a rubric they lose
5 points. I also insert a picture next to the title that is an example
of the final product (an exemplary) It gives them a check list to
make sure that they did all of the steps. Their grade is also determined
by: Following Directions, Effort, Craftsmanshipand creativity
(25 pts. for each category) This is on my syllabus and
when I give them a final grade on a project I will
write on the rubric where they lost points or
what they can do to inprove or what they did well.

Famous People Portraits Rubric

I have turned in with this rubric my 2 original photographs of my famous
person
I have turned in 2 drawings (one is my first try and the second is my
graphed work) (followed directions)
I have demonstrated at least 5 differently values in my final work
I have been on task most if not all of the time (effort)
I have worked neatly (craftsmanship)
My project was challenging for my ability
On the back of this rubric I have written about what Elements and
Principals of Design I used (Self Critique)

Ruth

---