Re: George Segal

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 17:28:38 PST

I ran into a beautiful young lady (now in her 30's) who we plastered
back when she was in the 8th grade. I even remembered her name,
which is rare for me. We did one body section at a time, cut them off
and sealed them back together while they were still damp. she wore
gym shorts and an old t-shirt for the plastering. We assembled the
sculpture back together and put a school t-shirt on the finished sculpture.
I'm sure we put a shower cap on her hair and used vaseline on her skin.
The finished sculpture was displayed in a hotel lobby for a multi-state
middle school conference. It was a successful experience but we never
tried it again. It was great bumping into her again and bringing back those
great memories. Every year my classes continued to cast faces with
pariscraft either to use for masks or for molds to put clay into.
        http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/NewAtRosedale.html
        http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/Art.SelfExpression.html
        http://www.taospaint.com/BestArtist2001.html
                                                Woody in KC