Re: 'After the Tornado' (Betty)

---------

From: Linda White (linda.c.white_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 10:45:58 PST

Re: Homer's The Gulf Stream - See a wonderful and wonderfully researched book by Ernest Goldstein. He provides both historical and thoughtful insights into the painting. He sees the black man on the boat quite differently than your interpretations. Very interesting. He wrote this book and several others for the middle school level. He did books on Grant Wood's American Gothic, Joseph Stella's The Brooklyn Bridge, Leutze's Washington Crossing the Delaware, Hick's The Peaceable Kingdom. He is the main author of the Let's Get Lost in a Painting series, he has also authored Literature and Film and Creators and Disturbers. I know he had several more planned. Good Luck Linda in OK