Re: Casting/molding

---------

From: Kathy Hughes (kchughes55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 08:29:13 PST

Vaseline works well as a release agent.
Kathy Hughes

sharon@art-rageous.net wrote:
If you use clay to make a form and then make a mold out of plaster, what's a good release to use on the clay?

Has anyone ever tried casting with water putty before? It's the stuff that comes in a powdered form and is used as a wood filler. I have a book that talks about casting/molding using these materials but I've never tried it.

I'm trying to come up with a special project for my students that will take approximately 2 weeks. I'm thinking of having them make relief sculptures in clay, making a mold with plaster, and then casting with the water putty. Apparently it's supposed to be similar to wood when it dries.

Thanks for any help/advice that you can offer! :-)

Sharon
sharon@art-rageous.net
www.art-rageous.net/OnlineStores.html