Re: Puppets sites

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 18:32:23 PST

Hi Jane,

I am excited for you! Check my links page on puppets:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/puppets.htm
I think some links are on Comprehensive arts too:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/comparts.htm

I have ideas -- but want to see what others have to
say. Gina Grant from Australia would be a good one to
"talk" to. Maybe she will see your post.

--- Jane Altshuler <Jane_Altshuler@bullis.org> wrote:
> I just got a grant from our Parent's Association for
> a Multi-Disciplinary
> on puppets. I wonder what you all have done with
> puppets. My students
> are 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.
>
> Here's the plan:
>
> Bring in puppeteer
> Build Characters
> Make Puppets
> Study puppets from around the world - (webquest)
> Have kids curate and purchase puppets for a Puppet
> Museum
> Build puppet theater
> Write scripts - maybe based on Aesops Fables
> Put on Puppet festival
> Bring show to pediatric ward of hospital

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Jdecker@woh.rr.com