Artists who use Words (Wendy and all)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 15:31:21 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Wendy posted a question to Getty list asking for
artists who use words. Here is the compiled list.

Artists who use Words (and Numbers)

I have a links page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/art-text.htm

Charles Demuth "Figure Five in Gold."
Jasper Johns (numbers)
Robert Indiana (numbers)
Stuart Davis (numbers and words)
Robert Rauschenberg
Faith Ringgold
Edward Paschke
Sandra Bowden (Spiritual/religious work
contemporary)
http://www.sandrabowden.com/
Sister Mary Corita Kent (1960s)

Vernon Fisher
http://asuartmuseum.asu.edu/fisher.htm
http://www.cowlesgallery.com/Fisher.html
http://www.mamfw.org/f_html/fisher1.html

Howard Finster (folk art combines scriptures - see
my Folk art page)
Aminah Robinson (not much of her work online)

Wendy - I will make a hyperlinked page for all of
these artists (added to my existing page) if you will
share your lesson plan with us (pretty please with a
cherry on top)

Wendy - do let us know what your are doing with these
artists.

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department