RE: Jewelry ideas for elementary

---------

From: Puhl, Kristen K (puhlk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 14:43:39 PST

My cooperating teacher is doing a lesson with third graders about Native American jewelry. They take strips of tag board large enough to go around their wrist, and then cut out shapes from another strip of tag board, creating a pattern by gluing them down on the first strip. They can layer shapes to create more relief. Then they will wrap the bracelets with tin foil and rub on India ink to create an "antiqued" look. The students can choose one gemstone (some resemble turquoise) to put on thier bracelet. Then they are wrapped around and glued. I'd go into more detail but my computer is being slow to process right now....hope this helps.
Kristy