Student NICHE Awards (American Craft)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 14:43:07 PST

Welcome back Getty Friends! Thank you to all who
"prayed" for Getty list return. Those prayers didn't
come from me this time (smile - have a chuckle).
I will get caught up with some missed notices. Due to
down time of Getty - I asked Kristi if she would
extend the due date for these awards - She extended it
to December 5. ~Judy

Dear Art Educators:

I have received this from Kristi Halford, American
Craft. My hubby's machine will not open the pdf file
so I can not tell you what is required. If you are
interested in this competition - check the web site.

http://www.americancraft.com/artist/artist_NICHE_awards/introduction_page.html

Introduction to the NICHE Awards:

NICHE magazine, the exclusive trade publication for
retailers of American crafts, has chosen the winners
of the 2003 NICHE awards and the 2003 Student NICHE
awards competition, hailing the outstanding creative
achievements of American and Canadian craft artists.

The 2004 Student NICHE Award deadline has been
extended to December 1 (now extended to December 5 per
Kristi). Please direct all students to
the following link to download an entry form:
http://www.americancraft.com/artist/artist_NICHE_awards/StudentEntry.pdf

The NICHE Awards program recognizes the outstanding
creative achievements of American craft artists.

Judging criteria are based on three main distinctions:
--technical mastery and creativity, both in surface
design and form
--market viability
--a distinct quality of unique and original thought

Finalists are invited to display their work in the
NICHE Awards exhibit at the February Buyers Market of
American Craft, February 12-16, 2004. Winners will be
announced at a ceremony February 15, 2004 at the
Pennsylvania Convention Center during the Buyers
Market of American Craft. Winners will be highlighted
in the spring 2004 issue of NICHE magazine.

For assistance feel free to contact Kristi:
Kristi Halford
Public Relations Coordinator
The Rosen Group
3000 Chestnut Avenue, Suite 300