theater/art connection.. field trip

---------

From: marcia lavery (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 17:21:16 PST

Hello! The drama teacher asked me if I wanted to take my advanced art kids with his advanced drama kids to see "A Christmas Carol" play at a wonderful theater here in Chicago. I'm planning on preparing for the trip by having the students read about and discuss how the visual arts play a role in drama (costume, stage design). I have very little experience in theater/drama and was wondering if any of you could give me some advice about this. What would you focus on? How would you direct them to reflect on their theater experience? Do you know any websites that could help me with this? The students are 8th graders. Thanks, Marcia in Chicago.